When it comes to the summertime, many people are usually excited to get their feet into sandals. Sandals come in many different types and styles. What should concern you is the support that the sandals offer your feet or perhaps, rather, the lack of support!
It's All About the Footprint / Footbed
The “shoedogs” of this world call it the footprint or footbed – it’s where the sole of your foot rests and how comfortable the marriage is between your foot and the sandal. As you many know, the majority of sandals and flip flops on the market are not the best for the support of your feet. It’s almost close to zero support, equal to hitting hard un-natural surfaces without any absorption. Most physicians advise against flip flops with no support or orthotic footprint. (You may have heard doctors tell women who wear heels that flip flips are even worse than heels for their feet, lower backs and spines!)
Not just sandals - Orthotic Sandals!
Orthotic sandals are designed with a very supportive and comfortable footbed, and are usually recommended for feet ailments such as plantar fasciitis (arch/heel pain). Your feet are usually more prone to various injuries and pains when you wear sandals without orthotics, and that’s the reason why we carry the wide variety of the orthotic sandals made by Spenco, Vionic with Orthaheel Technology, SOLE, OluKai and more.
The good thing about sandals made with orthotic arch support is that they help improve your gait, and also align your feet in the right position to ensure that the ankle is always in its correct position. When you wear sandals that are not made with orthotic arch support, the feet are too parallel to the ground and this stresses the ankle, knees and back. It is not advisable to use those kinds of flat sandals for long periods of time. Feel the difference and comfort of the Orthotic Sandals we carry. One brand, Vionic, offers a 30-day money back guarantee. If you don't like the sandals, simply return them to us (we even cover return shipping) and we will refund your order.
Get natural relief with Vionic Sandals
Top Reasons to Wear Orthotic Sandals
The reasons to wear sandals with orthotic support are many and varied. Orthotic sandals are quite a bit different from the flip flops and much better for everyday wear. Sandals with orthotics have some DEFINITE advantages over un-supported flip flops:
- Reason 1: Orthotic Sandals correct foot positioning: The sandals realign the feet with the lower limbs of the body to reduce stress in the ankles, knees, and back.
- Reason 2: Orthotic Sandals give ultimate comfort to the rest of the body: With these sandals, it is easier to walk all day and still feel relaxed. The body is given a solid foundation from the feet contributing to a very good posture and alignment of the body. Also you will notice, it is quite easy to make strides with the orthotic arch support sandals as minimal strains are incurred to the arches of the feet.
- Reason 3: Excessive pronation is hindered: most of the orthotic support sandals come with a heel - cup kind of structure (e.g., Spenco Sandals, Vionic, Sole). The structure is basically designed to control motion and give you stability.
- Reason 4: Comfortable, sturdy soles: the orthotics sandals that we carry have sturdy soles that protect your feet as opposed to the thin non-supportive sandals.
- Reason 5: Get moving again and keep your feet cool: Before you had to wear walking shoes and custom orthotics if you wanted walk any sort of distance outside when it was warm. With Orthotic Sandals you get the level of support your feet need for prolonged comfort and the benefits of staying cool!