The Cluffy P4 Wedge is the original Cluffy Wedge and helps unlock the big toe joint allowing your toe to
move upward as it is intended to during walking. When the toe joint is locked, it throws the whole body out of alignment by forcing other parts of the body & foot to compensate by navigating around a stiffened toe joint. Fast Free Shipping. Buy one pair, get the second pair of the same size half off! Add to wish list
P4 Everyday Wedge for Hallux Limitus
The Cluffy P4 Wedge is the original Cluffy Wedge and helps unlock the big toe joint allowing your toe to move upward as it is intended to during walking. When the toe joint is locked, it throws the whole body out of alignment by forcing other parts of the body & foot to compensate by navigating around a stiffened toe joint.
According to Podiatrist Dr. Jim Clough's experience the big toe joint was stiff in 90% of people who suffer from foot pain, and also leg, knee, hip, and lower back pain. Dr. Clough claims that the big toe is like a light switch, allowing the foot to function two different ways, as a shock absorber, then as a stable structure. When the big toe is stuck, it’s like a light switch you cannot move. The Cluffy Wedge® allows the big toe to move freely, allowing the switch to work. Now it is possible for the foot to function as it was intended with normal motion of the big toe joint.
When the big toe joint bends and permits the body to roll forward unhindered for the next step you can take longer steps and roll over the ball of your foot, which will allow your foot to work properly. This allows the big toe joint to bear the weight it was intended to bear, lessening pressures on the ball of the foot and relaxing tension in the toes.
Features & Benefits of the Cluffy P4 Everyday Wedge
- Designed by Podiatrist Dr. Jim Clough who saw that 90% of people who suffer from foot pain, and also leg, knee, hip, and lower back pain suffer from functional Hallux Limitus.
- Overcomes functional Hallux Limitus (lack of motion of the first metarasophalangeal (MTP) joint during walking) by preloading the hallux in dosiflexion prior to forefoot loading.
- The Cluffy Wedge unlocks the big toe joint restoring the big-toe to its full range of motion so it can act as a lever to propell the body forward (windless mechanism) which prevents over compensation of other areas of the foot and lower leg.
- Performance enhancing - 6 out of 10 runners claim an increase in their running times.
- Excellent aid for runners who look to avoid the "whiplash effect" - prevents sudden tension through the plantar fascia when the ball of the foot unloads weight onto the toes - reduces plantar fasciitis arch pain.
- Sold per pair
- Made out of High Density EVA, Adhesive back attaches to insole
Commonly Seen Treatment Benefits of the Cluffy Wedge
- Treats functional Hallux Limitus (lack of motion of the first metarasophalangeal (MTP) joint during walking).
- Reduces Foot Pain associated with the heel, lesser metatarsal region Morton's Neuroma, Plantar Fasciitis, & Achilles Tendon
- Alleviates Morton's Neuroma discomfort - excellent for using in conjunction with the Lynco L405 orthotics
- Helps alleviate and prevent Bunions & Hammertoes
- With proper foot alignment, knee and lower back pain is also reduced.
Best used in shoes & sandals that have flexible & roomy forefoots. The wedge should be worn as a pair, even if the condition is only on one foot, so that the correction creates more symmetry in the gait.
Please view the P4 Wedge user guide pdf file for more information.
The Cluffy Wedge attaches to the underside of the shoe's insole or your orthotic with the adhesive backing or on top of a sandal's footbed. For optimal relief we recommend using in conjunction with Powerstep Orthotics or any other orthotic device that supports the arch.
Check out the related video for this item. Cluffy P4 Everyday Wedge for Hallux Limitus by P4 Wedge